Production Manager (Global FMCG Brand)
As the Production Manager you will be responsible for leading the reworking team and managing all activities within the Staffordshire site. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with the senior operational team in driving improvements within the business.
My client is a globally recognised FMCG brand. They have a long-standing reputation for being market leaders within their field and are looking to expanding within their specialist site.
As the Production Manager you will be entrusted to manage a team of between 20 to 50 staff at the Staffordshire site whilst also working closely with the wider operations team to implement lean manufacturing practices
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring conversions are created to specifications and within budget
- Conducting a detailed analysis on business opportunities and providing feedback
- Assessing the performance of team members in order to accurately feedback both to the individual and senior management team
- Assisting and supporting where possible to ensure team targets are met
- Seeking further opportunities to grow the business division
- Assisting the senior operations team with Continuous Improvement plans
- Creating costing models & design specifications for co-pack activities
The successful applicant will have experience working within co-pack environments or have FMCG manufacturing experience and would ideally have qualifications in six sigma and lean practices.
Key requirements for the Production Manager include:
- Lean/Six Sigma qualifications would be beneficial
- A goal oriented, results driven work ethic
- The ability to work with easily with internal staff, customers and suppliers
- Proven ability to analyse large volumes of data in order to develop a fact-based point of view
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to make quick decisions whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Negotiation and persuasion skills when dealing with suppliers
- Ability and confidence to challenge the status quo
- SAP logistics knowledge or similar would be ideal
£30,000 - £35,000 + Benefits