Production Shift Team Leader
This role is responsible for the leadership and strategic development, delivering shift performance and Safety, Quality, service and cost through a process of utilisation effective resource allocation. People development and developing a culture of continuous improvement within an FMCG Manufacturing environment are important aspects of the role.
My client is a high performing FMCG Manufacturer based on the south coast who specialise in products that mainly service the Life Sciences industries. This is a great opportunity for an experience Production Shift Team Leader to join a successful business and work locally.
- Senior person on shift and focal point for all out of hour's requests and escalating any concerns in an agreed time line to the line manager or senior management as required.
- Maintaining a strategic view of the business, with responsibility for productivity, £1.25m controllable spend, direct labour, consumables, quality and waste
- Responsible for ensuring resource provision to meet operational processing requirements, in liaison with Line Manager. Own the shift labour plan of up to 50 heads, holiday cover, sickness cover & skills matrix for both permanent & agency staff.
- Performance management of direct team, conducting performance appraisals, identifying development needs and offering coaching and mentoring in areas as required.
- Responsible for motivating team on shift to achieve best possible product quality.
- Proven track record in a leadership role
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills for both internal and external relationships
- High standard of personal motivation & initiative
- Ability to respond positively to working within a pressurised environment
- Great opportunity for a FMCG Shift Manager to work local on South Coast.
- Attractive salary on offer to reflect experience.