NPD Project Manager
NPD Manager- Artisan Biscuits Ltd, Ashbourne
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Skilled New Product Development Project Manager to head up the NPD function within our head office in Ashbourne, Derbyshire. As an Artisan and Fine Foods market leader, we are seeking an Individual to join a small team, in our bakery. The appointed person shall be an established and credible leader with proven experience of product development and successful team leadership.
Scope of role:
To manage the NPD function with a focus on product development and employee development.
- Improve on the current Critical Path Process, and Set Up Folders for each project, and follow up actions with the relevant stakeholders within the business
- Manage the creation of new products from briefs supplied by the Directors and ensure all new recipes are entered into the master matrix of recipes
- Manage the administration of new recipes and amended recipes onto the Exchequer system and onto the new Tropos System in line with project targets and timings
- Manage the NPD Costings System and integrate it into the new Tropos System
- The collation and subsequent presentation of full costings of new products to Directors using information from Finance, Planning and Buying departments
- Administer the Trademarks Meetings and entering information onto the Matrix
- Research and source new raw materials for new projects in line with the company and BRC technical requirements, and also assist the buying department with evaluation of alternative choice raw materials for margin improvement initiatives.
- Cover the duties of the Process Technologist in their absence.
- Manage and chair the internal weekly NPD Meetings and follow up minuted and agreed actions within 48 hours of the meetings
- Manage and chair the fortnightly Directors NPD Meetings and follow up with published minutes within 24 hours
- Manage the artwork process in relation to new product launches
- Manage the NPD Team , develop and train Technologists in line with agreed KPI’s.
- Manage the Shelf Live Evaluation and Library for new products and process trial products.
- Provide support in the preparation of HACCP’s
- Observe and comply with the employee’s responsibilities as stated in the companies health and safety policy
All Candidates must have the right to work in the UK, and have necessary experience to fulfil the responsibilities.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent, with a food focus
- Experience of critical pathway mapping and implementation
- Proven experience of improving processes, suppliers and processes
- Awareness and knowledge of allergens and compliance
- Flexibility to cover weekend work (ad hoc)
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and good benefits. These include discretionary bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts
NO AGENCIES THANKYOU