Health and Safety Officer- Part Time
7 days left
- Contract Type
Health and Safety Officer, Part time needed
Are you an experienced Health and Safety Officer looking for a fully autonomous role in a company that is undergoing heavy expansion? You will need to be a pragmatic individual who is a good communicator as you will need to support staff, whilst coaching them to ensure they follow all Health and Safety procedures in a way that they can then identify, manage and record the risks connected to their work in written format.This role would suit an experienced Health and Safety Officer with a background in a manufacturing facility, you will be carrying out inspections, creating risk assessments amongst other tasks.
The role on offer is flexible, ideal hours for coverage: 22.5-30:00 per week. Hours of work: 08:30- 17:30pm
As a health and safety Officer, you'll need to have demonstrable experience of the following skill set:
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to explain health and safety processes to a range of people and to give presentations to groups;
- negotiating skills to convince managers of the need to implement and maintain safety standards that may compromise speed or efficiency in the organisation;
- patience and diplomacy because the profession requires a collaborative approach;
- the ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately;
- an investigative mind; good IT skills; attention to detail;
- a flexible approach to work;
- an interest in the law and the ability to understand regulations;
- physical fitness, as your work will involve time on large-scale bakery and outdoor sites;
- a clean Full UK driving licence - essential for jobs involving travel between our Derby and Bath sites.
Typical Duties :
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced;
- outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards;
- carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
- ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation;
- prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy;
- lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
- keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements;
- record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers;
- keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry;
- attend Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) seminars and read professional journals;
- produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins;
- ensure equipment is installed safely;
- manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos;
- advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- British Safety Council Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health
- City & Guilds Level 5 (NVQ) Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice
- NCRQ Level 6 Diploma in Applied Health and Safety
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary as well as a number of other benefits including a new employee benefit scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click apply and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, along with a covering note advising of your desire to join our business! All Candidates must have the right to work in the UK, and have necessary experience to fulfil the responsibilities.
Strictly no agencies, thank you.
Apply for Health and Safety Officer- Part Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly