Bakery AM shift Manager
Early Shift Manager needed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Shift Manager (Early Shift) to join our team in Ashbourne, Derbyshire. As an Artisan and Fine Foods market leader, we are seeking an Individual to join an established team, in our bakery. The appointed person shall be an established and credible Production Manager with a history of proven competence.
Reporting to the Bakery Manager you are responsible for the operational day to day running of the Bakery on the early shift through effective management of the weighing, mixing, production and packing teams whilst ensuring that company standards for Safety, Hygiene, Quality and Output are maintained.
- To manage the effective and efficient implementation of the production plan to the required levels and to liaise collaboratively with the alternative shift Manager.
- To manage and co-ordinate all technical controls to ensure compliance with internal and BRC GMP standards..
- Line management responsibility for the Team Leaders ensuring they are suitably trained and fulfilling role and duties.
- To be involved in the selection process for direct reports
- To complete and circulate operational handover
- Measure and monitor operational performance indicators,
- Act as escalation route for issues and exceptions.
- Consistently monitoring and improving the effective use of resource, providing leadership, vision and support to the operations, identifying development needs where necessary.
- Respond and resolve ad hoc emergency/ spontaneous situations.
- Act as bakery subject matter expert
- Completion of non-conformance record and investigations.
- Act as escalation for incomplete/ incorrect paperwork.
- Drive production whilst initiating and implementing continuous improvement programmes aimed at improving productivity and quality across the business
- To cover the alternative shift when Bakery Manager is on holiday
- Be flexible to shift change overs and weekend working
All Candidates must have the right to work in the UK, and have necessary experience to fulfil the responsibilities.
- Proven experience of Shift Management, ideally in a food manufacturing environment.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and good benefits. These include discretionary bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Job Type: Full-time
No agencies Thank you