Reporting into the site manager the engineering manager will focus on managing, improving and leading the site engineering team to deliver an operationally excellent factory.
* Implement maintenance procedures, engineering standards / specifications.
* Manage the activities of the maintenance team, providing clear, concise direction to the team e.g. Continuous Improvement and ensure delivery of the maintenance plan as agreed with the site manager
* Responsible for the management of the sites maintenance budget
* Review Engineering competency and ensure appropriate training and development plans are set and implemented to meet both the individual and the business needs
* Drive the development and utilisation of the company's CMMS
* Own the OEE loss reduction programme for the engineering related categories, using appropriate tools, techniques and resources
* Participate in capital projects
* Mentor the sites production managers on engineering related issues to validate interventions and decision making capability on technical issues.
* Degree (or equivalent) qualified in a related engineering discipline or relevant experience
* IOSH/ NEBOSH Cert
* Considerable experience of engineering (projects and maintenance) within a food production environment.
* Continuous improvement experience, tools and techniques
* TPM methodology awareness