CUSTOMER TECHNICAL MANAGER – FRESH PRODUCE
Customer Technical Manager – Fresh Produce
Location: Home based
Salary: £50-55K (negotiable) + £5K car + Discretionary Bonus
An opportunity has arisen to work for one of the most forward thinking fresh produce organisations as a Customer Technical Manager. Since the company’s incorporation, the business has now grown, turning over in excess of £250million. Following continued year on year growth, there is now a requirement for a Customer Technical Manager to join their already highly performing technical division.
The overall accountabilities of this role are as follows:
- Building strong proactive relationships with customer technical representatives. Answering questions and requests for information promptly and ensuring all ongoing tasks are completed within set deadlines that in turn effectively manage expectations.
- Create, maintain and communicate specifications to the quality team so they can manage this with suppliers and UK pack houses.
- Investigating customer rejections & complaints, communicating directly with the quality team to understand the causes behind product issues and communicating this back to the customer. Producing corrective action plans and reports and ensuring implementation.
- Monitoring the quality of produce in customer stores and reporting back findings to the key teams in the business.
- Assure customer specifications are being met by liaising with the quality, compliance and systems team and ensuring any deviations are flagged promptly.
- Taking responsibility for the health and safety of yourself and others whilst at work.
- Supporting company initiatives and demonstrate company values.
To be considered for this role you will ideally have experience operating within the fresh produce arena, ideally with a BSc. in Food Science / Technology / Agronomy or any related disciplines. However experience in meat, dairy or chilled prepared foods would be considered.
You shall be up to date with the current BRC standard, familiar with UK and EU legislation relating to the food sector and have a strong understanding of product specifications. It is preferable you have also worked with either M&S or Waitrose, however all those with Top 6 retail experience will be considered.
Please do not hesitate to apply if you feel you have the experience and background described, or contact Clear Edge Search and Selection for further details.