Quality Assurance / Technical Manager
This is an opportunity to work for a global food manufacturer in a high profile, fast paced role as a Quality Assurance / Technical Manager developing customer relationships and the brand image across the UK and Northern European regions.
My client is a global leader within the food manufacturing business. Manufacturing over 400 products worldwide with almost all of them being household names. They are looking for a passionate QA / Technical Manager to continue to develop customer relationships and brand image across the UK and Northern European regions.
This is a newly created role due to the continued growth of this global organisation across the UK and European regions. They are seeking to improve credibility with customers and on shelf quality of products in the market place impacting reputation and brand equity. Key responsibilities include;
- Supports efforts to drive Quality Improvement in complaints related to PRQS issues with marketing, sales and rest of supply chain
- Initiates activities aimed at managing quality issues with customers and channels including rejections, complaints, technical support, product handling and customer waste reduction
- Provides Quality requirements for physical product returns from customers and provides disposition approval (where needed)
- Prepares leadership reports and communications regarding quality issues in logistics, country and manufacturing operations that affect the cluster and ensures improvement plans are in place and monitored through regular review
- Monitors, aggregates and analyzes market place and overall product quality data from multiple channels (e.g. consumer & customer care lines, shelf inspections, warehouse & re-packer data, employee observations etc) to prioritize, escalate and initiate Q improvement activities as appropriate
- Supports Quality improvement projects within cluster for business complaints, cold chain, and CRQS using data analysis, workshops & toolkits
- Ensures regular market place on-shelf product assessments are carried out (CRQS evaluations), data is analyzed and improvement projects are activated and followed up
- Spends time in market to understand customer and merchandising processes and to identify and activate opportunities for improvement
- Provides coaching and input to warehouses, manufacturing sites , assemblers / re-packers and corporate office teams during external regulatory body audits & inspections (with input from Regulatory Affairs and Legal
- Leads / participates in Quality Expert interventions (e.g. Operational Quality Reviews, HACCP workshops, Training events, etc.
- Supports Central Quality Incident management in BU for market place incidents and follow up actions
- Participates in cluster Quality committee that provides disposition decisions for non-conforming products
- Deploys UL Quality strategy, governance and goals through BU specific projects and targets
- Provides Quality leadership to influence Quality culture through activities to create passion for products and brands, visibility for quality, quality messaging in non-SC company initiatives and coaching of cross-functional leadership across BU
To be successful in this role you will need to have an entrepreneurial mind set and experience working in a fast paced environment. You will need to be outgoing and proactive while having a strong understanding of the Consumer Packaged Goods business. Other experience required:
- University degree in technical discipline or general sciences.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, hardworking & committed to a career in Technical Management
- Customer focused role experience would be looked at strongly
- Quality, Logistics or Customer Service experience, CAPA, RCA
- Experience in SAP, SAP QM systems and other programs essential for Quality analysis such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc. and warehouse traceability systems
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team
- Effective communication skills
On offer is to develop your career working for one of the world's largest FMCG Manufacturers in an exciting Quality Assurance / Technical Manager role on a base salary of £35,000 - £40,000 + package.