Are you an experienced Production Supervisor or Shift Manager looking to progress your career with a market leading Food Company that invests in its business units and people? Here at Bakkavor Desserts Newark we are embarking on exciting times with the expansion of our factory over the next 2 years.
Our people make more of a difference to Bakkavor than anything else. And there are many reasons why people want to join us: first-class training, a fast-moving environment and excellent prospects.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. In order for us to deliver the first-class service to our customers, maintain a strong position in the market and continue to grow, we need to recruit and develop the right people.
Newark Desserts specialise in in chilled desserts such as cheesecakes, fruit tarts, crumbles and trifles as well as cream cakes such as éclairs, doughnuts, profiteroles and choux buns.
Bakkavor Desserts Newark is looking to recruit a Section Manager to provide leadership and drive within a fast paced environment ensuring that Health & Safety and Food Safety is top priority while still meeting business demands.
Your accountabilities include:
- Health & Safety - To pro-actively manage to ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in the operation and that as a minimum the operation meets the standards set out in the Group Health & Safety policy.
- Quality Standards - To maintain standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping within your area through Good Manufacturing Practice (G.M.P.) to ensure that both Business and customer standards are kept and audit requirements are fully met.
- Performance Management - To appropriately manage the performance of all teams members through the use of Bakkavor performance managements systems (i.e. appraisal) and, if necessary, to impose disciplinary sanctions in accordance with Company policy through to dismissal stage.
- Training & Development - To own the training & development of all levels of team. Actively coach, develop, recruit and train team members to the required level of competence to encourage continuous improvement within the business.
- NPD Process – manages the NPD process within their area of responsibility to ensure that all trials run successfully and through to product launch
- Managing through use of KPIs - To ensure the delivery of agreed KPIs across the operation through the team, making sure that KPIs are understood and utilised to support performance improvement plans and day to day activities. Ensuring systems are in place to collect the necessary data to measure performance against the agreed KPIs.
- Resource Management - Plan, organise and measure labour and material requirements within their area to ensure that both short- and long- term agreed targets are met.
- Communication - To ensure that the workforce in their area is well informed on relevant business news and to encourage effective cross-functional links and that channels of communication are clear and available.
- Recruitment - Involvement in the selection process for direct reports and responsible for supervision and coaching of Section Leaders (or other direct reports) in the recruitment process for staff at all levels below.
- Employee Relations - Encourages the Bakkavor values and a positive culture, whilst fostering good employee relations through fair, consistent and effective people management.
4 on 4 off shifts 6am to 6pm
In return you will receive excellent development opportunities and a salary up to £35,000 for the right experience plus pension, bonus, healthcare.