Senior Section Manager
Senior Section Manager
Our people make more of a difference to Bakkavor than anything else. And there are many reasons why people want to join us: first-class training, a fast-moving environment and excellent prospects.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. In order for us to deliver the first-class service to our customers, maintain a strong position in the market and continue to grow, we need to recruit and develop the right people.
Bakkavor Desserts Newark specialise in chilled desserts specifically trifles, egg custards, cream cakes such as éclairs, doughnuts, profiteroles and choux buns. We are a growing site with expansion plans for 2018/19.
Bakkavor Desserts Newark is looking to recruit a Senior Section Manager to provide leadership and take ownership for your area leading your team of 4 direct reports with approximately 150 people on shift to deliver high quality products to our retails customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- pro-actively managing Health & Safety
- leading and driving standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping within your area through Good Manufacturing Practice (G.M.P.)
- managing performance of your teams
- owning the training & development of all levels of team including managers.
- managing the NPD process within your area
- challenging and introducing new KPIs to drive performance.
- planning, organising and measuring labour and material requirements
- managing the communication process to ensure that the workforce in their area is well informed on relevant business news
- supporting and encouraging the Bakkavör values and a positive culture within your area, whilst fostering good employee relations
- the recruitment of direct reports and an involvement in all staff recruitment within your area
What you will need
You will ideally have experience working in a food manufacturing environment and will have led teams in a fast paced manufacturing business. You will understand retailer expectations and how we meet them.
You will be a great leader capable of inspiring and engaging your team, understanding the pressure of a factory environment.
This is a 4 on 4 off day shift role 40.25 hours a week.
In return you will receive a salary up to £45,000 dependent upon experience + pension, bonus and healthcare.