Aim are currently recruiting for an Assistant buyer to join a leading FMCG manufacturer based within the East Midlands. This business is looking for a bright individual who are looking to further their career within purchasing and take a step into planning.
This role is ideally for Junior candidate or recently qualified CIPS graduate looking to take their first steps into the procurement world. Along side learning the ins and outs of the purchasing function you will also have the desire to managed day to day planning of the factory with support from the Supply Chain Manager.
Key duties of the role:
- Creating purchase orders for stock items from suggested purchases report
- Process purchase orders
- Maintain accurate stock code details
- Maintain accurate & complete purchase order files
- Assist with sourcing products for production
- Working with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Manage ordering, forecasting and delivery schedules for several product categories
The ideal candidate with;
- Excellent organisational skills
- Confident in building relationships
- Using your own initiate and working in a team
- Demonstrate the ability to plan work, coupled with the drive and tenacity to see projects through to completion
- A strong problem solver
- An understanding of fundamental purchasing procedures, ideally studying towards CIPS qualification or recently graduated.
If this role is of interest to you, then please apply now!
Apply for Assistant Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly