Responsible for providing a mechanical/tooling service, including; optimal asset integrity and productivity, increased availability and reliability, reduced cost and risk.
- Introduction of tools, processes and KPI's to monitor delivery of effective Tool care service
- Fault diagnosis and correction in a timely manner.
- Design and specification of linkages, bearings, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Delivering machine performance improvement projects
- Eliminating repetitive faults through design changes
- Support the development of Cell MSO's with complex fault diagnosis
- Identifying and introduction of new technology, including liaising with equipment suppliers, specifications and acceptance
- Working with others as part of project team
- Implementing technical improvement to machine performance through design changes.
Candidates are expected to have, or eventually progress towards the following:
- Educated to HNC or ONC standard (or equivalent) mechanical/hydraulics with relevant experience in an FMCG environment
- Sound understanding of mechanical design.
- Sound knowledge of bearings, linkages, lubrication, loads & tolerances
- Knowledge of Engineering standards and best practices
- Experience of using lean manufacturing techniques e.g. Fault finding
- Established project management skill s and track record.
- Experience of training and coaching people.
- PC literate in Microsoft office and Auto-Cad