Sunmagic Juices Ltd produces an extensive range of fruit juices, juice drinks and smoothies catering for all key sectors across retail and foodservice, within both the chilled and ambient sectors. The business came under new ownership in September 2016, and has had substantial investment in its production capabilities over the past 15 months. We have also recently acquired a new facility in Nelson and are seeking to expand and grow our businesses. Sunmagic Juices is part of a larger group of growing businesses that includes Eat Natural, RM Curtis and Multiple Marketing Ltd.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, Planner/Scheduler. This is a newly created role.
KEY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To create a schedule capacity plan for production maximising utilisation of the factory, meeting customer service level targets whilst maintaining agreed stock levels leading to set MRP targets. The Planner/Scheduler will co-ordinate the activities required to meet company quality standards and will focus on continuous improvement.
Key Role Requirements:
- Maintain a periodic plan with fixed and provisional plan over a 3 to 12 week period
- Ensure that procedural routines required by the business are clearly followed to maintain data integrity including completion of checklists and compilation of business measures to monitor process improvement
- Carry out effective and economic finite schedules and issue new plans to production on time to meet labour and other resource requirements
- Translate the forecasts into business capacity plan
- Carry out weekly demand planning using appropriate business software to create new demand plans
- Ensure that all planning rules such as cycle times, line speeds, batch sizes, shift patterns and manufacturing constraints are communicated and agreed between commercial and manufacturing
- Finalise with Operations short term run plans taking into account requirements for engineering, rework and trials
- Manage opportunities for changing demand with customer teams effectively and swiftly to enable customer teams to realise their customer service
- Manage the introduction of new products & changes to existing SKUS in the planning process to meet launch deadlines in a cost effective and productive manner
- Maintain and upgrade planning tools as required to meet the ever changing business needs
- Upgrade systems and processes used so that planning becomes more automated and less time consuming
- Re-schedule and communicate changes to the finite schedule caused by raw materials, breakdowns, poor production performance or quality issues to the business
You will have:
- 2-3 years’ experience within production planning, be IT literate, numerate, able to work to tight deadlines
- Previous experience within FMCG
- Be able to map out solutions and be an effective problem solver
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
To apply, please send a letter with your CV stating current package and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please note that should you not hear from us within 4 weeks of sending your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.