The team leader position is an essential role with in the engineering team on site. The right candidate will be a strong leader and able to develop other in the team.
Market Leading Recycling Business
- Effectively manage the day to day running of your assigned shift.
- Plan, carry out, and document all preventative, condition based and reactive maintenance.
- Effective diagnosis ensuring repairs are completed safely, swiftly, completely, and economically.
- Maintain up to date records of assets, calibrations and service histories.
- Undertake work both personally and in close liaison with shift team members and external contractors.
- Demonstrate a team approach with operational colleagues.
- Work prescribed shift pattern to support out of hour's preventative maintenance works.
- Develop and manage routine maintenance programs.
- Maintain workshop, tooling and test equipment to meet policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the coordination of term / service contracts.
- Ensure works are carried out through standard maintenance procedures and the PPM process.
- Support and be accountable for ensuring maintenance KPI targets are achieved.
- Advise and make recommendations on overall spares holdings, service suppliers and develop lists of critical parts.
- Assist the Engineering Maintenance Manager and his team in the development of a comprehensive set of plant maintenance procedures.
- Retain a current intelligence of relevant industrial best practice pertaining to the maintenance of the equipment at the site.
- Ensure assigned plant areas are maintained in good order and that housekeeping is to the established standard.
- Take responsibility for and ensure attendance at training sessions as required.
- Undertake effective training and monitoring of personal development to ensure competence to undertake your duties, ensuring, skills and flexibility are developed and maintained via consistent application of; work reviews, training plans, performance Development Reviews, site policies & procedures, team briefings and feedback sessions.
- HNC/HND/Degree BEng/BSC in a relevant Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering subject.
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in a supervisory position
- Experience with computerised maintenance management systems and contractor management
- IOSH Managing Safely or similar safety qualification.