As ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 14 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Family and values is what makes us different, and we are a proud brunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
Our aim is simple. To deliver a safe, efficient and effective distribution operation. As the Distribution Manager you will implement and drive the distribution strategy with a clear focus to your team. Compliance is of the highest importance here at Warburtons and you will maintain that the site has a strong culture for health and safety, legislation and food safety. You will drive results through your team managers using the latest technology in fleet board management, ensuring our drivers are excelling with their KPI’s. With a strong handle on budgets and key cost ratio’s you will ensure the distribution arm continues to be a commercial part of the business.
Everything we do at Warburtons is around people and team development, you’ll review structure and drive relationships; you’ll be managing the people plans and the business plan whilst driving change and continuous improvement. A complex, challenging and rewarding role sitting with the Senior Leadership team.
We are looking for an experienced professional that really knows what world class distribution looks like. You will have a proven track record of delivering distribution initiatives that will serve in enabling our great family business to continue to take strides forward over the next 5 years and beyond.
- You’ll need knowledge and experience of leadership in a similar size and complexity within distribution and FMCG working with multi-drop, Class C & 7.5t drivers
- Have a strong authentic and values driven approach to people management
- Significant experience in warehousing and distribution systems and processes is essential
- Transport and Health and Safety legislation knowledge and a Certificate of Professional Competence of National Road Haulage (CPC) is required.
At last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your breads worth.
- Family time is important to us and we know it will be to you, so you’ll start you on 5 weeks holiday
- A slice of the annual profits
- Company Car
- Award winning pension plan
- Discount vouchers and products you’ll love
- Benefits for you and the family for example; Gym membership, Child care vouchers, Ride to work