Assistant Engineering Manager
As “Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand” we have been baking bread since 1876. Today we are proudly a fifth generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to work for. Family and values are what makes us different and we are a proud bunch. Join us and be proud to be Warburtons.
A typically non- traditional engineering opportunity, we have a unique operation working with condition based monitoring therefore ensuring our machines have the minimum levels of intrusion; what we are looking for is the minimum level of maintenance required to obtain reliability. Our engineers are one step ahead of any possible breakdown.
We’re going on a journey of innovation and of continuous improvement whilst working on a changing approach to reliability centred maintenance.
Our Engineering teams are encouraged to foster new ideas and perspectives whilst driving change at a pace; we’re looking for you to make a personal impact, have passion and inspire a team whilst recognising successes and rewarding that along the way. We take pride in keeping our people and customer’s safe, so you’ll play a key role in ensuring work is conducted in accordance with our stringent health and safety requirements. As an Assistant Engineering Manager you’ll also be responsible for monitoring the budget and playing a part with the formation of revenue and capital budgets and plans.
Passionate about our people you too will want to engage and develop your team driving together for results. People are our most precious ingredient so along with your technical focus, you will have a passion for people development as well as a hunger for working collaboratively with your colleagues to drive the success of our site.
- An understanding of PLC
- You’ll be able to deploy and execute a reliability centred asset care strategy
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to drive quality, cost, reliability and safety performance.
- Able to deliver solid cost and inventory controls
- Driven by solutions with a positive approach, ideas and innovation motivated
- Living our culture and values, the writing is on the wall, this is Warburtons!
- Passionate about quality and best practice whilst driving continuous improvement
- Continued personal development with an eye for developing and encouraging talent within your team
- Understanding of managing people and leading by example
- Experience of COSHH & HACCP
- Working knowledge of H&S audits and processes
- Possess an Engineering Qualification such as HND, HNC, BTECH or equivalent
And last and by no means least you will want to know what your bread’s worth;
- Family time and your time is important to us and we know it will be to you, so we will start you on five weeks holiday
- Ongoing personal development either sponsored or supported
- A slice of the annual profits
- Award winning pension plan
- Life Assurance
- Discount Vouchers / products
- Benefits for you and your family for example; gym membership, child care vouchers, bike to work scheme