Health and Safety Manager - Exciting London based brewery
On offer is an opportunity for a H&S Advisor looking to take the next step in their career working for one of the fastest growing London brewery's on an excellent package.
My client is a leading London brewery that has been growing at an enormous rate over the last 10 years. They have double digit annual growth and have just recently expanded opening up another site in London. They are seeking an energetic, proactive H&S Manager to help push the behavioural and cultural changes within the growing team.
My client is seeking a Health & Safety Manager who can ensure healthy and safety practises are effective and proactive throughout the company, through adherence to systems, processes, audits, training and continuous re-evaluation and improvements. They will manage mandatory H&S training across the business. Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that H&S systems are prioritised and implemented departmentally by department heads. Including training where appropriate and clear communication of responsibility allocation. This is inclusive of running in line with PUWER, COSHH and other legislative acts.
- Ensure proper reporting of accidents, incidents and risk assessments occur in a timely manner, and carrying out investigation where necessary for continuous improvement in the safety of our systems.
- Conduct regular audits
- Conduct health and safety training to any staff as necessary, including the appropriate H&S induction for all new employees
- Periodic reassessment of current fire risks
- Mitigation of all fire risks and prevention of new fire risks where possible
- Identification & mitigation of new fire risks should they occur
- Ensure firefighting systems and equipment meet legislative requirements
- Conduct periodic, mandatory firefighting, prevention & safety training with designated fire marshals with a development schedule
- Ensure all staff are up to date on fire safety and evacuation processes.
- Identify all areas for improvement and implement necessary improvements
- Evaluate effectiveness of learning & improve as necessary
To be successful in this role you will need to be a proactive & energetic figure within the Health & Safety space and have a track record of influencing others within the business. My client will look at a H&S advisor looking to take the next step in their career. Other criteria will include;
- Prepared to work multi-site
- Relevant qualification in health and safety
- At least two years' experience in managing occupational health and safety.
- Basic knowledge and experience in a production environment.
- Good team player and can demonstrate why this should be important for a role such as this
On offer is an opportunity for a H&S Advisor looking to take the next step in their career working for one of the fastest growing London brewery's. The base salary will be £35,000 - £40,000 DOE + excellent package and growth opportunities.