An Engineering Manager is required at an FMCG Manufacturing & Production business based near Crewe. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager to come in, take control, develop and improve the sites Engineering function. This is a Mon-Fri Days based role leading a team of 6 direct reports and reporting to the Operations Director. There is a lot of scope and opportunity to make change and make the role, team and Engineering facility your own.
The client is an FMCG Manufacturing and Production Business based near Crewe. They are one of the leading manufacturers in their respected field, manufacturing quality product for local businesses in the North West. The Engineering Manager will be a key part of the management team on site and will have a huge impact in the clients future performance aspirations.
Engineering Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Fully implement a PPM System on site from scratch
- Managing the maintenance scheduling and ensuring equipment is available for operations
- Ensuring that budgetary controls are managed, so business targets are achieved
- Developing a culture of Continuous Improvement
- Achieving Engineering KPIs such as cost of maintenance achieving minimal downtime
- Adhering to Production plan and safety requirements
- Monitor asset performance to ensure all priorities are met, and any engineering related downtime is minimised
- Analyse and understand root cause of all engineering related downtime and implement robust engineering solutions to minimise.
- Lead, motivate and support the Engineering team, carry out regular reviews/appraisals and develop individual development plans to ensure skills sets meet ongoing business requirements.
- Look at Energy Efficiencies of the site and carry out projects to reduce costs.
- Manage the annual engineering budget
- Identify and deliver CAPEX opportunities focused on productivity, deficiencies and capacity improvements.
- Provide progress reports and data on performance as required
- Ensure health and safety standards are adhered to and good standards of housekeeping are maintained.
- Efficiently Manage the Engineering Stores / Critical & Non Critical Spares
The Successful Candidate:
- Previous experience in an Engineering Manager position
- Experience in an FMCG Manufacturing Environment
- Proven in creating and implementing PPM &TPM systems
- Engineering Qualification
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Strong Communicator
- Strong Leader
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety regulations - IOSH or NEBOSH certification desirable
- Capital Project Experience
Competitive Salary + Benefits