Hygiene Team Leader
Hygiene Team Leader
Long Clawson Dairy Ltd is a world-renowned producer of Speciality cheeses situated in the Vale of Belvoir, in rural Leicestershire. Spread over two sites, the company is a fast growing, award winning manufacture of Stilton ® and Speciality cheeses, priding itself on successfully balancing innovation with tradition. Due to this continued growth we are looking to recruit a Hygiene Team Leader in our Dairy working from 1.30 pm to 10.00 pm. Based at our Long Clawson site, you will report into the Hygiene Manager, managing the Hygiene Dairy team in their appointed areas, ensuring that the hygiene and cleanliness standards are set, established and maintained to an excellent standard.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Create and maintain daily/weekly/monthly reports for delivery to the Hygiene manager and department heads.
- Ensure a robust system of handovers with the production team is maintained by completing handovers at the beginning and end of each shift
- Daily auditing of machinery pre and post clean to ensure that the correct standards have been achieved
- Coordinate Hygiene staff and ensure work is carried out to a high standard and in accordance with the Hygiene Instruction Card.
- Daily team briefings
- Encourage team work and develop new improved ways of working within your team.
- Work closely with the departmental management team in order to make improvements and promote the Hygiene Department within the company.
- Strive to improve productivity and cost reduction through control of waste and losses, e.g. water, detergents and time by working efficiently
- Assist with delivery of training for the team, as and when required.
- Develop and coach your senior operatives for career progression.
- Liaise with the Engineering Department to sign off on hygiene standards.
- Completion of cleaning schedule documentation
- Deep cleaning of relevant areas following the cleaning schedule, as and when required
- Implement Corrective Actions to encourage best practice.
- Reporting of issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality, Production/Hygiene activities and environmental issues
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are adhered to at all times
- Management of the hygiene team, providing support and guidance, conducting Performance Development Reviews, disciplinary issues and ensuring training plans are up to date
Experience & Skills
- Self-motivated and proven experience of motivating others
- Proven people management skills
- Adept at problem solving and route cause analysis
- GCSE or equivalent level of education – a good level of numeracy & literacy is required in order to carry out area reporting activities
- Intermediate IT skills including Excel, Word and email
- Industrious and able to prioritise tasks to deadlines
- Key eye for detail and experience of auditing
- Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 12 months)
- Food/process manufacturing background
- Understanding of Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Health & Safety trained in Manual handling, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and risk assessment
- Have a knowledge and understanding of Allergen awareness
- Effective Communication
- Planning & Organising
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV and a covering letter by email; clearly stating their skills and experience for the role