Manufacturing Line Lead
Manufacturing Line Lead
Billingham (home of McCoy’s)
Permanent role available (days based with full 24/7 responsibility for the area)
The Teesside plant is extremely excited to see further expansion and growth within the site with the introduction of two new pellet processing lines a first for the plant.
As a Line Lead, reporting to the Production Manager, you will be accountable in the early stages of your role to support the project as existing equipment is relocated for neighbouring plants in Europe and new equipment is purchased to deliver a right first time project and look to achieve a vertical start up minimising traditional losses associated with new plant lines moving into the production environment.
As the project comes to fruition the role will then take on responsibility as line lead for the area responsible for people, plant, product and process delivery against clearly defined role outputs, with a specific responsibility for developing, managing and leading a manufacturing team of Team Members, Advanced Team Members, and Technical Engineering Coordinators.
This role is a days based role with 24/7 responsibility for the area.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Part of a leadership team of three compromising Line Lead, Process Lead and Maintenance Lead
- Key lead in the Daily Direction Setting with a loss focused approach to the plan of the day
- Daily Management System owner of key areas including Clean Inspection Lubrication (CIL), Incident Elimination, Defect Handling and Daily, Weekly and Monthly Direction Setting.
- Take personal responsibility for health, safety and environment
- Ensure compliance with everyday Quality processes delivering Right First Time Production
- Accept responsibility and take ownership of problems, seeing change as an opportunity
- Delegate, empower and motivate people to achieve goals
- Responsible for the motivation level of Team Members, for leading, coaching, conducting regular monitoring and appraisals. Identifying, evaluating and developing initiatives to ensure skill & competency levels are maintained
- Responsible for recruitment of Advanced Team Members (ATMs) and Team Members (TMs) and, jointly with the Area Engineering Managers (AEMs), Technical Coordinators (TCs)
- 24/7 responsibility for the area including performance
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Strong Team ethic
- Coaching skills
- Positive attitude
- Personal Ownership / Tenacity
- Strong People values
- Strong people management skills
- Experience dealing with absence, disciplinary, grievance…
- Proven track record in delivering against production and manufacturing KPIs/SLAs
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma is desirable
- Current work experience in the Food industry would be desirable
- From a lean manufacturing background also desirable
- Experience at a supervisory/leadership level
- Flexibility for shift working patterns and extended cover shifts
- Strong communication and motivational skills
- Proven knowledge of setting team and individual objectives, KPIs and employee development
- Customer focused and able to meet internal/external requirements
- Experience of Integrated Working Systems (IWS) culture is desirable
This is an exciting role as the successful applicant will have the opportunity to be involved and influence from the early life of the project through to then leading the area ensuring the plant and people are operating to the highest efficiency levels.
The culture at KP Snacks is friendly, welcoming and supportive. We encourage everyone to be the best they can be and we work together to achieve great results.
Be a part of it!