Quality Management Systems Officer
Quality Management Systems Officer
Location: Enfield, GB, EN3 7XJ
Company: Greggs Plc
Full time and Temporary until end of December 2018
Join the Family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Circa £30,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
40 hours working mainly dayshift Monday to Friday but flexibility is required.
We have an exciting opportunity for an aspiring QMS Officer to join the Technical Team based at our Enfield site. Reporting to the Regional Technical Manager you will be responsible for assisting with the development and maintenance of the Quality Management System. You will assist with the development of site procedures and site documentation relating to food safety and product quality. You will be expected to build strong relationships across the site.
- Assisting with the implementation of the Quality Management System across the site in line with the requirements of the BRC Standard
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of site documents
- Helping to drive forward improvements in the current site standards of food safety and product quality
- Acting as administrator for the document control system
- Maintaining the document control system
- Assisting the HACCP Team with the documentation required to maintain the system
- Assisting with the management of the Internal Audit System
- Taking responsibility for the management of supplier complaint investigations on the complaint system
- Supporting the Technical Department (e.g. data gathering, report writing, data entry, and trend analysis etc)
- Working closely with all members of the Technical Department and all site departments
- Challenging all current working practices and helping to resolve problems
- Assisting with ensuring key documents such as raw material and finished product specifications are in place and are accurate.
- Food industry experience essential – at least 2 years
- High level of numerical and written skills
- Proficient in IT (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and databases)
- Results focussed with excellent Communication skills and the ability to influence others
- Qualifications – HACCP Level 3, CIEH Food Hygiene Level 4, Scientific HNC/HND or degree is desirable.
- Practical knowledge of the BRC Standard and QMS Systems
- High level of planning and organisational skills.
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to Bank Holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service (pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 year’s continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to one year’s salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.