Automation Engineer – Controls – Manufacturing Systems – FMCG
My client is a market leading Food Group, home to a number of household name brands and supplier to the UK’s major retailers. We require an Automation Engineer to join the Manufacturing Systems Engineering Team.
- Advanced PLC programming skills (predominantly Siemens S7, some manufacturing sites standardising on Allen Bradley).
- Advanced manufacturing plant device integration experience.
- Advanced SQL 2008 /2012 experience.
- Ideally Advanced Wonderware System platform experience.
- Keen to learn and develop in manufacturing IT area (SAP, IT Plant Infrastructure, MES solutions).
- Open to occasional travel across UK manufacturing facilities, occasionally to sites across Europe.
The role will facilitate the deployment of all IT Applications to all of the Group’s manufacturing sites. The role will primarily be based within the flagship manufacturing facility in West Yorkshire but travel will be expected time to time group wide on project implementations as required.
The role will provide development skills to support the implementation of MES systems at the PLC and Device layers within the system architecture.
Every implementation project requires a degree of deployment resource that has traditionally been provided by a combination of External consultants and Group IT resource. It is expected that some of this resource will be provided by the role holder therefore reducing the reliance on external resource
The role holder will support the deployment plans in the following areas:
- Perform Testing and Factory Acceptance of newly developed MES solutions.
- Assist in the development of training materials for the support of the rollout of MES functionality.
- Provide site roll-out training using UPK training tools.
- Provide predefined audit of the methodology and process usage by site to verify compliance with Group CI strategy.
The role holder will be involved in the development of 24/7 support for deployed MES systems enhancing the service desk process with the purpose of reducing the reliance and cost of External service contracts
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘Apply Now’ button.
All CVs will be acknowledged.
Apply for Automation Engineer – Controls – Manufacturing Systems – FMCG
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly