Salary: up to £40,000
Closing Date: Tuesday 12 June 2018
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with a £250 million turnover.
We are currently recruiting for a NPD Manager to be based in our Head Office in Heathrow.
As a NPD Manager you will be responsible responsible for directing NPD process through the team, external and internal customers to deliver commercially proactive opportunities and brief responses. You will be managing a key coffee house chain account from an NPD prospective through from concept, development and handover to process of new products and replacements, ensuring the NPD teams, Adelie’s and the customer’s deliverables are met.
- Effectively manage, develop and support all direct reports to set and manage deliverables to deliver the NPD strategy and process for their customer base
- Direct design and development activity to ensure new products are commercially viable
- Working from customer or blue sky brief, analysing current market trends and data in line with category insights, identifying gaps in the market and translating findings into business opportunities
- Exercising commercial judgement and market insight to drive the competitive edge
- Overseeing the delivery of quality products from concept through to handover (stages 4 to 7 of the PCP)
- Manage and oversee projects to agreed NPD process within agreed timescales ensuring team activity is focused, on delivering sustainable commercial success
- Authorising costings and new recipes to ensure compliance with agreed standards
- Conducting feasibility and handover meetings with the wider project team. (Where applicable)
- Oversee production of customer presentation packs
- Conduct customer presentations demonstrating a high level of precision and awareness
- Demonstrating market insight to win others over at all submissions.
- Using research from your direct reports, communicate current food trends through appropriate media
- Ensure compliance with internal processes and procedures including H&S (including risk assessment and accident investigation), Food Safety
- To provide support to the NPD Teams in timely product development, sample making and ingredient gathering in line with budgetary and margin constraints
This role is a full-time, working 40 hours per week. The shift pattern is Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm.
The ideal candidate
- Previous experience of delivering quality products from concept through to handover to process
- Previous experience of supervising or managing team members
- Know how to research new trends and proven ability to generate ideas and turn them into products that work
- An understanding of the science of food (food chemistry and nutrition)
- Demonstrable knowledge of cuisines, produce, seasonality, ingredients and enthusiasm to learn about the sandwich industry and ‘food to go’ markets
- Excellent presentation skills, communicating knowledge and inputting into customer presentations/discussions
- Promotes a food culture and constantly challenges the norm in the pursuit of quality
- Ability to be innovative when developing new recipes for our customers
- High level of computer literacy – Microsoft Excel/Word/internet and Outlook
- Valid driving licence
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to £40,000 per annum
- 33 Days days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
- Free Lunch
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.