Salary: up to £19,000
Closing Date: Tuesday 12 June 2018
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with a £250 million turnover.
We are currently recruiting for a NPD Assistant to be based in our Head Office in Heathrow.
As a NPD Assistant you will be responsible to play an active role supporting the Development Team, in the smooth efficient running of the development kitchen, ensuring compliance with health and safety and food safety standards.
- To work with the NPD Technologists and Development Chefs to develop new concepts either from the brief or through blue sky developments
- Repeat samples - To work within a tight time scales and to specific development requirements
- To ensure that the relevant recipes / costings are raised and followed to the detail as appropriate
- To work as an integral member of the team, networking with other internal departments, suppliers and the customer as required
- To assist with customer and other meetings as required
- To ensure best practice when working within the kitchen, ensuring that the works place is kept clean and safe at all times
- To liaise with internal and external functions to ensure that raw materials are collated as appropriate to complete projects and briefs
- Shopping to support sample preparations or refreshments as required by the business
- Pre –order of and collection of raw materials from the factory - recording usage and wastage
This role is a full-time, working 40 hours per week. The shift pattern is Monday to Thursday from 8.30am to 5pm.
The ideal candidate
- Very well organised individual, self-motivated in approach and efficient in work style, coupled with attention to detail and good time management
- Self-motivated with a supportive attitude, keen to run multiple tasks and hungry to take on new challenges, always seeing things through
- Well-presented individual with confident communication skills, able to build effective relationships
- Motived person, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Valid driving licence – preferable but not essential
- Users knowledge of Microsoft packages – basic excel and word
- Level 2 Certificate in Food Hygiene or ability to complete
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to £19,000 per annum
- 33 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free lunch
- Free parking on site
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.