Quality Assurance Assistant
£20k - £22k
To assist the QA Manager in the management of the Company’s QA system; by ensuring that products supplied to our customers meet both quality and legal criteria.
- To inspect all incoming deliveries against specification, take photos as appropriate and the record keeping of same.
- To obtain samples of deliveries upon delivery as much as feasibly possible, and liaise with the warehouse to ensure samples and where applicable extra samples for testing are obtained in a reasonable time frame.
- Cook and assess each incoming delivery.
- Ensure the integrity of the packaging is sound and that product remains in good condition.
- Ensure labelling is legible and complies with labelling regulations.
- Ensure shelf life is sufficient. In any case this should be a minimum of 12 months remaining on delivery.
- To liaise with QA Manager and purchasing if deliveries are not to specification.
- Manage system of microbiological and chemical sampling of relevant products at regular intervals.
- Liaise daily with stock control department to advise status of deliveries whether accept or reject.
You will be an ambitious graduate or you will have worked for at least one year within a food environment in a quality role. You will be eager to learn, grow and progress.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.