A multi-site FMCG food business seeking to recruit a creative and passionate NPD Manager to manage one of the businesses key accounts.
- Managing a small team of NPD technologists to drive innovation within NPD and EPD, while building collaborative supplier and internal relationships.
- You will be managing a key account with exciting changes in the pipeline focused on continuous innovation and high end/premium quality product.
- This account is focused on seasonality (launches in January, March, June, September and November) with refreshments and specials on a regular basis, all products developed should create a point of difference for the client in the market place and continue to make a step change in quality and freshness.
- The client stakeholders are very foodie focused and demanding, so this requires a very organised individual that can juggle with attention to detail many projects.
- Previous experience of delivering quality products from concept through to launch
- Previous experience of supervising or managing team members
- Know how to support team members in developing skills they need
- Know how to plan and manage resources to make sure jobs are stretching and reasonably loaded
- Lead by example and give their staff honest, constructive feedback
- Know how to research new trends and proven ability to generate ideas and turn them into products that work
- An understanding of the science of food (food chemistry and nutrition)
- Demonstrable knowledge of cuisines, produce, seasonality, ingredients and enthusiasm to learn about the ‘food to go’ markets
- Excellent presentation skills, communicating knowledge and inputting into customer presentations/discussions
- Promotes a food culture and constantly challenges the norm in the pursuit of quality
- Ability to be innovative when developing new recipes for our customers.
- Results focussed individual who operates with an efficient work style, coupled with attention to detail and good time management, the ability to work to short deadlines.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, including presenting ideas and concepts to customer
- Flexible, supportive attitude, keen to run multiple tasks and hungry to taken on new challenges, ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Well-presented professional with easy communication style, able to effectively influence cross functional team
- High level of computer literacy – Microsoft Excel/Word/internet and Outlook