Quality Assurance Technician
Quality Assurance Technician
- To carry out essential Quality checks in a food manufacturing environment
- To highlight any non-conformances and follow up on points raised
- To remain proactive in the approach of food quality standards
- To maintain GMP standards and provided support in continuous improvement
- To develop good working relationships with operations and production teams
- Support project improvement activities.
- Deputy to other members of QA Team.
- Completion of tasks on daily checklist.
- Adhere to the BRC standard.
- Closing out of non-conformances
Key job tasks:
- Be an active member of the site HACCP team and work closely with site managers and supervisors to ensure that the factory operates in such a way that food safety and quality objectives are met.
- Ensure that QMS testing is carried out daily and any Non Conformance is communicated to the correct parties.
- To carry out essential factory Quality Assurance checks on a daily basis eg. temperature, calibration, post hygiene swabs.
- Ensure all QA and operations paperwork is available and correct version is in place.
- Ensure all QA and operations paperwork is completed correctly, checked and filed away.
- To provide support/guidance to production staff with completion of documentation and provide training when issues are found
- Ensure that all micro sampling / swabbing is carried out as per schedule and that all out of spec results are communicated to the site Technical Manager
- To maintain integrity of food safety documentation.
- Ensure QA forms are available and correct versions in place, completed forms are checked and filed
- To manage the program of internal audits.
- Carry out allocated internal audits to schedule write up and close out non-conformances as required via Non Conformance log.
- Maintain full technical calibration log and schedule equipment in for servicing / calibration.
- Work closely with production & warehouse staff to permanently identify and rectify any non-conformances by carrying out root cause analysis, to ensure that no defective product is manufactured or dispatched.
- Ensure that all supplier and customer specifications are present, up to date and accurately reflect the raw materials being supplied and finished products being produced.
- Monitor supplier performance, ensuring that any unsatisfactory performance is rectified.
- Ensure all NPD activities relating to food quality and safety are correctly carried out and recorded.
- To maintain quality standards in line with the BRC Global standards
- To be a champion in Quality Assurance and ensure that the quality of products being manufactured is maintained.
- To assist external (customer, BRC etc.) audits and ensure satisfactory outcome.
- Monitor customer complaints and investigate route cause analysis of complaints ensure that preventative measures are implemented.
- Prepare and manage information for site related KPI’s and prepare periodic reports.
- Support for all Food Safety or Quality Assurance training
- To attend meetings or training commensurate to role
- Any other reasonable request.
Health and Safety
- To work in accordance with the company Health & Safety policy
- To ensure the staff understand, and comply with, their responsibilities under the company Health & Safety at Work policy