Food Technologist (with particular focus on Dairy Technology)
Do you want to develop innovative food products within a dynamic food technology team? Are you ready to build on your current experience with a fast-growing company?
At our Development Centre based in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, you will be fully involved in processing customer trials on our modern dairy pilot plant. We will provide you with the opportunity to gain a full understanding of dairy and dairy-alternative products, processes and raw material technologies.
This will provide you with the knowledge and expertise required to potentially move into technical sales opportunities in the medium to long term.
KaTech Katharina Hahn + Partner Ltd is an international food technology business specialised in developing tailor-made stabiliser systems for the food industry. Our focus is on dairy products, convenience food and bakery products with modern development centres in both Germany & UK.
Duties will include:
- Independent planning and conducting trials in our pilot plant
- Structured documentation of trial evaluation of our product development projects
- New and continuous development of process technology
- Knowledge development of various raw materials, their functionality and application areas
- Contribution to innovative product development requested by market and customer trends
- Preparation and execution of factory trials and fault/root cause analysis with customers
- Undertaking internal and external educational courses with sales and marketing teams
- Strong communication between all departments of the business, i.e. purchasing and sales
- Engagement with sales team to move into technical sales within 6 years
Profile Requirements are as follows:
- University degree in Food/Dairy Technology, or equivalent.
- Ideally some previous experience in this particular field
- Very good MS-Office package skills and confident to work with database systems
- Prepared to travel both nationally and internationally as required
- Independent, structured and can-do positive work ethos
- Team worker with a sense of humour
- Able to work independently with little supervision, reliable and career motivated
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal accuracy in English.
- Commitment to delivery of target-orientated projects
- Ability to work under time-pressure and changing market dynamics
- Adaptability to the needs of a growing company
- Willing to embrace feedback and offer constructive ideas for business improvement
- Ambition to progress to a career in technical sales in the future
- Work in a fast-growing expanding business with huge knowledge base
- A state of the art, clean and modern working environment
- An exciting insight into work processes of well-known leading food manufacturers
- Working near the beautiful city of Chester with close links to Manchester and Liverpool
- Excellent industry benchmarked mentoring
Interested to meet us? Please send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are particularly keen to hear about your current and/or past experience in a similar role, your salary expectations and your availability to commence employment with us.
We look forward to meeting you in the near future.
Find out more about us here: www.katech.info