We require a technical supervisor to manage the factory QA team. To work 40 hours per week Monday – Friday with the flexibility to work over three shifts (when required) for factory cover. The role requires a dynamic, strong, enthusiastic team leader who can mentor other team members and ensure product quality and safety is maintained. Product quality must be the first point of focus with a right first time attitude.
The role and key tasks include:
- Strong leadership skills will be required to manage the QA team daily ensuring all tasks are completed.
- Signing off factory production and technical paperwork which is stored for due diligence.
- Attending daily and weekly meetings driving focus on technical / quality issues within the factory.
- Being the product champion - understanding the process / raw materials and finished product parameters.
- Completing internal audits against the BRC Food Manufacturing Standard.
- Completing factory hygiene and GMP audits.
- Approving new packaging and raw materials for factory usage.
- Investigating customer complaints.
- Updating and writing documents for the QMS.
- Training and constant development of team members.
- Deputising for the technical manager when required.
- Managing the micro system portal.
- Key in site audits and product traceability’s.
To be considered for the role you must have:
- Knowledge of food industry good manufacturing practices and hygiene standards.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact well with others at all levels, including customers and auditors.
- Exceptional report writing skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work calmly, whilst under pressure.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Ability and willingness to undertake training as part of his / her own role.
- Ability to work overtime at short notice.
- Works as part of a team, able to cover other requirements as necessary.
- Advantageous – Internal Auditor Certificate, Level 3 HACCP. Level 4 Food Safety in Manufacturing.
- Experience in a similar role for a minimum of 2 years
Please submit your CV and covering letter by clicking the apply button below.
Apply for TECHNICAL SUPERVISOR
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly