Quality and CI Manager
World wide manufacturer is looking for a talented individual to deliver high performance to the Quality department , introducing a continuous improvement mentality to the whole factory.
A well established global manufacturer with a number of sites based in the South West. A market leader in their field, the company has posted impressive profits.
The main responsibilities of the Quality and CI Manager is to determine, drive and lead the implementation of the Quality and Continuous Improvement strategy focusing on developing a customer focused, quality and operational excellence culture.
Responsible for leading all quality, operational excellence and continuous improvement activities and for influencing, coaching and supporting business leaders and their teams across the company to ensure delivery of the strategy.
To identify weaknesses in core business systems & processes and use of appropriate tools/techniques to enhance teamwork and deliver change.
The Quality and CI Manager needs:
- Experience of managing positive shifts in quality/ continuous improvement cultures and truly engaging people in customer focused behaviours.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing culture and/or behavioural change in a complex organisation.
- Ability to lead cross-functional improvement projects.
- Significant level of experience in a manufacturing / technical environment.
- Competent coach, with ability to support individuals through personal reflection and change.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders to build effective relationships with customers and other external contacts.
- Skilled in delivering powerful and non-judgement challenge and feedback.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Six sigma black belt.
- Experience in value stream mapping or suitable alternatives would be beneficial.
- Ability to bridge the gap between customer demands and plant capabilities.
- Has key understanding of manufacturing needs in relation to efficiency's, quality and budgets .
- Must have excellent analytical skills and an appreciation of engineering requirements.
- Good organisational skills with an ability to manage own workload and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written including one to one and group meetings and presentations.
- Ability to problem solve through to root cause using quality methodologies including 8d, SPC, FMEA.
- Good general IT skills including Outlook, Excel and other in-house system.
Offer based on experience