Specifications Technologist (Global Branded and Own Label Business)
3 days left
- Contract Type
This business is truly a leading international FMCG manufacturer who produce, import and distribution an array of branded and customer own-brand products. As a trusted household name, their branded portfolio includes some of the UK’s and Europe’s best known products. The business prides themselves in the delivery of technical excellence throughout their operations.
Within this dynamic organisation, a fantastic opportunity has emerged for a technical professional who will engage with customers on all issues related to the completion of finish product specifications. This will involve the development and management of business IT and other systems that can facilitate the effective completion of customer branded traded specifications.
The successful candidate will collate, validate and accurately input supplier provided data into customer specification systems to ensure that specifications are completed accurately, submitted on time and up dated as and when any changes need to be made.
- To liaise with supply chain and customer technical teams, NPD, Procurement, Sales, Packaging, Project managers and any other interested parties so that you can complete product specifications to meet customer expectations within agreed timescales.
- To create specifications for a set of defined retailer, foodservice & Industrial customers ensuring all data is correct and accurate.
- To ensure all necessary legislative information is incorporated into the product specification.
- To be the key point of contact between the company and its traded suppliers with regards to product specifications you are completing.
- Where requested, provide training to other members of the specification team and the wider Technical Teams in the use of the retailer specification management systems.
- To ensure finished product specifications are submitted on time and provide evidence for third party auditors that current versions are valid.
- Food related degree or an equivalent level of experience working within the food industry.
- Substantial experience working with retailer specification management systems. Excellent understanding, knowledge of and training in the use of retailer specification systems.
- Knowledge of key customer codes of practice related to specification completion and artwork review / management.
- Level 2 HACCP training
- Allergen training
- Proactive team player and self-starter.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage people’s expectations.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to email@example.com.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Apply for Specifications Technologist (Global Branded and Own Label Business)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly