Health, Safety and Environment Manager
3 days left
- Contract Type
Working for one of the UK’s leading manufacturing businesses who have a vast portfolio of branded and own label products, a customer base including all major retailers and a highly regarded reputation as an industry leader. The business now has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety professional to ensure that the site complies with all health, safety & environmental legislation and company standards whilst leading the SHE strategy and developing a long-term, achievable safety plan.
- Work with the Leadership team to develop and implement site wide initiatives to embed behavioural safety and best practice approaches.
- Work with the Leadership Team and Management Team to ensure legal and business compliance to SHE rules and regulations.
- Maintain the site’s OHSAS18001 H&S certificate.
- Maintain the site’s ISO14001:2015 environmental management system and certificate.
- Manage and update the site duty manager matrix, ensure personal and individuals responsibilities are understood.
- Lead and coordinate site processes, ALARP, PUWER, RA’s, MS’s and COSHH, ensuring compliance and providing advice, training and support.
- Maintain contact with HSE, Group Health & Safety & Environmental and relevant bodies as appropriate.
- Coordinate site responses and action following ‘cross check’ requests.
- Monitor and record accidents, incidents and near misses providing support where necessary with investigation reports and ensuing actions.
- Responsible for accident, incident and near miss data reporting on a monthly basis (KPIs) for site and Group Health & Safety.
- Responsible for environmental data reporting on a monthly basis for site and Group Environmental.
- Deliver the relevant part of the induction process and deliver manual handling training for new starters and refresher training when due.
- Demonstrable HS&E leadership experience, gained in an FMCG environment, preferably food manufacturing.
- NEBOSH Diploma or National General Certificate.
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management or equivalent qualification or experience of maintaining ISO14001 environmental management systems.
- Working knowledge of SHE legislation.
- Hazard identification and risk assessment.
- Risk management (risk control and risk reduction).
- Data collection and trend identification.
- Ability to work within a multi-functional team.
- Accident investigation training.
- Good decision maker with the ability to undertake investigations and lead safer working practices.
- Previous Audit experience and ability to lead internal and external health and safety auditing teams.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Apply for Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly