The Mechanical Engineer will play a vital role in the engineering team for the site. Ensuring that all statutory and regulatory obligations are met in the ongoing operation and maintenance of the site.PSSR,DSEAR.
Market leading recycling business
- Ensures that the plant is always maintained within prescribed Health, Safety and Environmental constraints and guidelines.
- Reports and communicates incidents as per the incident reporting systems.
- Attends team safety meetings and lead meetings where necessary.
- Ensures all requirements of the site Safe Work Processes are satisfied.
- Ensures that a work order, risk assessment and method statements are produced for each activity and that all documents are completed and returned for archiving.
- Ensures the correct use of the Approved Permit to Work system and the LOTO systems
- Ensures that all statutory and regulatory obligations are met in the ongoing operation and maintenance of the site. PSSR, DSEAR.
- Keep abreast of changes to safety and environmental legislation and all relevant Company policies.
- Establish, follow and maintain Risk Assessments and other key safety protocols.
- Comply with and actively participate in Company rules, procedures, initiatives, in particular those relating to Health, Safety, environmental management, quality systems and continuous improvement.
- Plan, carry out, and document preventative, condition based and reactive maintenance.
- Effective diagnosis ensuring repairs are completed safely, swiftly, completely, and economically.
- Maintain up to date records of assets, calibrations and service histories with action triggers as required.
- Demonstrate a team approach with operational colleagues at all levels.
- Willing to work with and support maintenance and operations with out of normal hours support on an as required basis.
- Develop and manage routine maintenance contracts ensuring that all the requirements are met through contractor management.
- Member of the Maintenance team responsible for discipline, planning, work order generation, scopes and contracts.
- Provide assistance to the Engineering Maintenance Manager for planned maintenance outages.
- Assist in the coordination of Defect reporting and work rectification either by onsite staff or 3rd party service contracts.
- Ensure works are carried out through standard maintenance procedures
- Support and be accountable for ensuring maintenance KPI targets are achieved.
- Advise and make recommendations on overall spares holdings, service suppliers and develop lists of critical parts.
- Assist the Engineering Manager in the development of a comprehensive set of plant maintenance procedures.
- Using plant equipment history and CMMS software tools, carry out trending and first line analysis of plant for any potential defects.
- Retains a current intelligence of relevant industrial best practice pertaining to the maintenance of the equipment at the site.
- Undertake effective training and monitoring of personal development
- Any other reasonable tasks and duties as required by site management.
- HNC/HND/Degree BEng/BSC in a relevant Mechanical Engineering subject.
- Technically competent with steam raising plant, power generation equipment, mechanical handling equipment, Pumps, Gearboxes, Powertrains
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in a maintaining role in a power generation, Energy from Waste, petrochemical or process systems setting
- Experience with computerised maintenance management systems and contractor management
- IOSH Managing Safely or similar safety qualification.
- PSSR **Must Have**