To provide engineering department support to site, ensuring that the plant is well maintained and operating efficiently with minimum downtime
General Preventative Maintenance
- Review maintenance schedule and carry out required/identified maintenance tasks, including testing and inspection of equipment.
- Ensure all maintenance work is carried out in accordance with Company UK and H & S standards.
- Carry out safety checks and record findings and action necessary.
- Train production staff to operate machines efficiently through compliance to operating procedures and basic engineering tasks including lubrication and fault diagnostics.
- Carry out remedial work on all reported damages/breakages/faults etc.
- Prioritise work according to urgency of repairs.
- Ensure repairs are carried out to budget requirements.
- Monitor all external contractors whilst on site.
- Identify improvement possibilities/requirements relevant to site efficiencies and customer requests.
- Design solutions for improvements.
- Carry out feasibility study on costs, labour content and H & S.
- Draw up presentations for approval.
- Carry out installation of approved projects.
- Ensure immediate 24 hour response to all breakdowns and organize necessary work to be carried out to restore production operations.
The post holder is expected to carryout the following duties in order to fulfill the position to a satisfactory level:
Please ask for further details