Quality Intake Technician
Quality Intake Technician
Location: Kettering, GB, NN16 8PX
Company: Greggs Plc
Full time and permanent.
Join the Family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Circa £25,000, depending on experience.
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Working mainly 8 hours per day Monday to Friday start and finish times can be negotiated.
Flexibility is required to work occasional Saturdays and Sundays as necessary and also to work alternative shifts to be able to inspect specific supplier deliveries.
Reporting to the Central Supplier Technologist you will be responsible for ensuring that incoming raw materials are appropriately assessed and monitored to the agreed schedule.
- Carrying out raw material risk assessments
- Evaluating and conducting intake assessments of incoming raw materials and comparing with agreed raw material specifications
- Updating and maintaining onsite Testing Records for raw materials and quality consistency assessments
- Liaising with Central Services Technical Team on any raw material issues so supplier complaints are reported to Suppliers
- Taking responsibility for Microbiological analysis and chemical analysis samples
- Providing regular reporting to relevant stakeholders of raw material testing assessments in line with agreed timescales
- Monitoring hygiene standards to ensure agreed standards are implemented and adhered to
- Monitoring departmental equipment performance and control through internal calibration to ensure compliance
- Managing site supplier complaints to ensure satisfactory resolution
- Developing and maintaining all site-based systems, e.g. Food Safety, Quality Management System, Pest Control Management, Site HACCP, Allergen Management etc.
- Food manufacturing experience (ideally with BRC sites)
- Level 2/3 Food Hygiene Qualification
- HACCP Level 2 Qualification
- Basic Microbiology knowledge
- High level of IT knowledge (word, excel, outlook, databases or QA software applications
- Internal auditing experience
- Strong Communication skills – both verbal and written (including report writing)
- High level of planning and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail and methodical in approach to work
- Driving Licence as there is a requirement for occasional travel
- An objective approach to work with an ability to display a professional detachment
- An awareness of BRC process
- Experience of HACCP implementation
- Experience of Microbiological investigations
- Food Manufacturing experience
- Experience with, or experience of, Hornbill, QPulse or Access software
- Level 4 Food Hygiene qualification
- Trained on internal auditing
- HACCP Level 3/4 qualification
- A food related HNC
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to Bank Holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service (pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 year’s continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to one year’s salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.