Technical Manager (Branded Products) – Regulatory & Technical Information
A premium luxury branded business that has grown from strength to strength to become a market leader within the niche branded sector. At the forefront of product innovation, the business now produces a range of exceptional branded products supplying the finest UK retailers and restaurants and exporting to over 35 different countries globally.
This is a newly created role within this growing technical and quality department. Reporting directly into the Head of Technical and Quality and managing a small team, you will provide an array of technical and regulatory internal and external stakeholders on technical information and legal issues.
- Manage, develop and maintain the business’s Specification Management System.
- Ensure an accurate quality management system is maintained that reflects working procedures and demonstrates due diligence at all times. This will include implement the Quality and Procedures manuals, communicate / train all relevant employees in the Quality and Procedures manuals and prepare, update and implement Technical Standard Operating Procedures.
- Compile customer complaint reports and identify trends. Manage customer complaints and respond when necessary to sensitive/serious complaints and high profile complaints.
- Provide senior regulatory support across the business to ensure finished product compliance, guidance on claims, depictions & ingredient permissibility.
- Manage artwork processes for products ensuring legal requirements are met. Support the marketing team on the legality of packaging.
- Manage by facilitating or answering all technical queries directly from customers/consumers.
- Ensuring product labelling, advertising and claim compliance in global locations.
- To review product changes or new products within the QMS before launch and implement updates to documentation or operating procedures as required.
- Qualified to Degree level in Food Law or Food Science or a related discipline.
- Computer literacy with specification management systems.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of food/drink regulatory compliance.
- A detailed knowledge of food manufacturing and an understanding of food industry quality management systems together with knowledge of Consumer Law and Environmental Law.
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.