Category Marketing Manager
Senior Category Manager, Kegworth, Leicestershire / Derbyshire
The Senior Category Manager provides critical business and market insights in to the soft drink categories for external and internal customers, including the UK Leadership Team and the wider Commercial team.
You will direct the Category Management function and lead the management and development of category strategies, insights and tactics within the business.
You report to the Head of Marketing and are responsible for two direct reports.
The main responsibilities of the Senior Category Manager are:
- To use your category expertise and insight to influence the development of strategic business opportunities and assist with the creation of a long-term, profitable UK business.
- To advise on whether to enter new markets and also provide rationale for capital expenditure.
- To influence the commercial team to achieve the most effective and profitable product and customer portfolio.
- To influence the Marketing and Development teams to concentrate their resources on creating the most profitable and differentiated product mix for the Company.
- To work with local and global flavour houses and influence their agendas to deliver first to market solutions.
- To demonstrate best in class category insight, strategies and recommendations with the largest UK grocery retailers and maintain their reputation as the industry experts.
- To translate group category management strategy, insights and plans into a category management plan for the UK market.
- To manage and develop the European Nielsen soft drinks database to deliver best in class European soft drinks category data reporting.
- To strengthen existing and establish new relationships with key customers and provide a crucial & consistent link between the businesses.
As a Senior Category Manager you will require a proven track record of category product management and you will be a category consumer and insight specialist within the FMCG industry, preferably the food and drinks manufacturing sector. You will have operated at a senior management level and you will have Brand and Private Label exposure. You will need significant customer management experience.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline, you will have strong analytical skills, able to interpret data and have excellent presentation skills for both internal and external customers at all levels.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication ability enabling you to influence at all levels and build and sustain internal working relationships.
- You will be a highly motivated, proactive self-starter with a very professional attitude and able to work in a team, sharing ideas, and best practices, or on your own.
- There will be some travel with overnight stays as and when required.
Salary & Benefits circa £55,000 per annum + Car allowance + Annual bonus incentive + Private Healthcare for self & family are also included + good company pension scheme.
To Apply: Please press the "apply button"
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may also be of interest to: Trade Marketing Manager Senior Marketing Executive, Brand Manager, Category, C.I.M FMCG, Drinks, Food Manufacturing, Marketing Manager, Leicester, Kegworth