6 days left
- Contract Type
Commercial Manager, near Loughborough, FMCG
The Commercial Manager reports to the Senior Commercial Manager and is responsible for delivering the agreed annual volume, gross margin per litre and EBITDA budgets for designated brands.
Working with the wider commercial team you will develop and deliver the strategic planning for your designated drinks brands by driving profitability, developing new products and delivering projects, across all trade channels. You will also manage the relationship with your brand owners.
You will also work with the Head of Marketing to identify and develop new product and distribution opportunities for the Company.
The key responsibilities for the Commercial Manager are to:
- Lead & develop the direction for business growth of your brand portfolio across all or the target trade channels.
- Develop the annual budgets for your brand portfolio within the target sales channels, including all pricing, promotional and trade spend management.
- Manage your brands to deliver improved profitability including management of stocks and packaging, value engineering, NPD, pricing recommendations and promotional support.
- Work with the nominated management accountant to support the development of all required P&L's and pricing, for approval by senior management.
- Develop & manage relationships with brand owners including regular meetings and calls to keep brand owners up to speed with performance, challenges & future plans.
- Identify, develop and manage NPD opportunities.
- You will have a proven track record at management level, in sales and marketing in FMCG, preferably Food & Drinks Manufacturing, industry sectors and ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline. You will have several years of brand and preferably private label experience. You will be able to demonstrate that you have managed and developed such brands to improve their sales, profit margins and market share.
- You will have experience of dealing with UK major multiples and non-grocery trade channels, knowledge and experience of trade marketing, an understanding of category management principles and knowledge and experience of the NPD process.
- Excellent communication skills, presentation skills (for internal and external presentations) and is very numerate and analytical with a high degree of organisation and prioritization. Critically we have found that those that perform well as a Commercial Manager are mentally agile, excellent and confident decision makers, results driven and most importantly, always curious to know more about the brand and the industry, being proactive in finding solutions and suggesting new and creative ways of doing things for your brands.
You will need to be an excellent relationship builder with both your external and internal customers.
Salary & Benefits up to £50,000 per annum + Annual bonus incentive + Private Healthcare for self & family are also included + good company pension scheme.
To Apply: Please press the "apply button"
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may also be of interest to: Sales and Marketing Manager, FMCG, Commercial Manager, Senior National Account Manager, Business Development, Executive Marketing Manager, Category Manager, Sales and Marketer, Food, Drinks, Packaging, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Production, Manufacturing, Brand Manager, Category, C.I.M FMCG, Drinks, Food Manufacturing, Marketing Manager, Leicester, Kegworth, Derby
Apply for Commercial Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly