Food Scientist - Meat
Are you a Meat TM interested in relocating to Amsterdam?
My client is looking for a dynamic and experienced Food Scientist – Meat/Protein Specialist, your primary responsibility is ensuring that all produce served is safe and meets the corporate brand standards for quality.
The Food Scientist Meat/Protein will be directly involved in quality management and continual improvement of all relevant Subway ingredients and products (excluding produce).
Furthermore, the Food Scientist is an excellent communicator and will influence franchisees to participate in the Approved Suppliers Program.
Knowledge and skills needed:
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in meat plants, meat processing (beef, pork, chicken, charcuterie).
- Experience developing new products from inception to launch.
- Experience trouble-shooting product quality issues.
- Experience in meat product formulation.
- Experience in product specification creation & specification management.
- Knowledge of food regulation / nutritional information/ legislative schemes.
- Willingness, ability and desire to travel up to 30% of working time, throughout Europe.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Quality management, continual improvement of Subway ingredients and products (excluding produce)
- Product improvements, new product development
- Develop complete product specifications for new and existing Subway products (protein, sauce, diary, and other categories)
- Ensure specifications are in compliance with local and regional legislation for Europe
- Provide technical support for product commercialization
- M. Sc. or B. Sc. in food science / food technology necessary, preferably in meat production or meat processing.
- Valid work/residence permit required (Netherlands/European Union)
Apply for Food Scientist - Meat
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly