Inbound Logistics Specialist – Raw Materials & Finished Goods Lead - FMCG
My client is a market leading Food Group, home to a number of household name brands and supplier to the UK’s major retailers. We require a Logistics Specialist to ensure the effective and accurate movement and storage of finished goods and raw materials in conjunction with Production Planning and Third Party Distribution.
- Experience of operating within a Warehouse/Distribution environment.
- Experience of FMCG Manufacturing.
- Good working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems.
- Experience of working with SAP would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing a small team with strong leadership capabilities.
- Experience of managing a departmental budget.
- Experience of working with Trade Unions.
- Good motivational skills.
- Coaching, Development and Organisational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Plan and organise the deployment of resources and scheduling of work to meet agreed production plans, ensuring the most cost-effective methods are fully utilised.
- Manage team in line with targets and KPI’s.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual plans and budgets for the site and capital resources for the plant ensuring they are realistic and enable productive capacity to match sales forecasts.
- Control the Warehouse to ensure established standards of quality and productive output are achieved within budgeted cost.
- Recruit, monitor, train and develop the Warehouse team to develop the skill base within the department to ensure production and quality targets are met.
- Liaise with suppliers, third party distributors and customers both internally and externally to optimise profitability, efficiency and quality for all involved.
- Implement a programme of continuous improvement within all Warehouse areas to constantly drive quality improvement and cost reduction.
- Ensure information is adequately communicated to the Warehouse team.
- Contribute to the health & safety of self and others by applying health and safety principles to the required standards whilst undertaking designated tasks.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leading food group at their flagship state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘Apply Now’ button.
All CVs will be acknowledged.