Marketing Manager (Category Manager), Kegworth, Leicestershire / Derbyshire
-A Senior Category Manager role is also available, please see our other job ad.
Are you passionate about building in depth knowledge of a product category and driving forward the growth of this category so that it exceeds performance targets?
The Category Manager reports to the Senior Category Manager and these are the key areas of responsibility:
- To strengthen existing, and establish new, retailer relationships in our product categories, with the aim of moving the Company towards 'indispensable partner' status with the aim of driving supplier, category & customer growth;
- To attend off-site visits with retailer customers;
- To act as a partner to the wider internal Commercial team by providing category and customer insight that helps shape strategies & tactics, including external / internal information strategy;
- To identify & clearly define the key category risks and suggest solutions;
- To deliver monthly reports using data for internal and external stakeholders;
- To work closely with external continuous data providers to ensure that their databases are coded correctly and maintained;
- To keep up to date with new data services and make recommendations;
- Conduct monthly store visits in order to collate key market insight including merchandising changes and new products;
- Maintain photographic images of the category fixtures and products for each key customer;
- Contribute/take responsibility for specific new product development / Category projects;
- Support line manager in continuing to raise profile of Category function
- You will be a category manager or an experienced category analyst ready for that step up. The role requires experience working in an FMCG or Manufacturing (Food & Drinks Manufacturing will be a definite advantage) environment, in a product category team. Knowledge and experience of the category management process is required, and you will need to demonstrate a good track record of achievements in growing a category for which you have been responsible.
- A degree holder or equivalent is preferred in a business related discipline.
- The role requires excellent presentation skills, strong computer literacy and strong analytical skills. In addition excellent listening and communication is essential as the Category Manager liaises with our key customers on a daily basis.
Salary & Benefits circa £45,000 per annum + Car allowance + Annual bonus incentive + Private Healthcare for self & family are also included + good company pension scheme.
To Apply: Please press the "apply button"
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may also be of interest to: Marketing Manager, Category Manager, Senior Marketing Executive, Brand Manager, C.I.M, FMCG, Drinks, Food Manufacturing, Leicester, Kegworth
Apply for Marketing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly