Eden Scott's client is a well-established food manufacturing organisation based in West Lothian. Due to continued growth, an opportunity has become available for a Production Planner to join the team.
- To plan the production of finished goods to fulfil orders and stock requirements.
- Translate the long term demand plan into a daily / weekly / monthly production schedule in line with standard operating efficiencies and agreed stock holdings.
- Advise production of labour requirements to achieve the production plan.
- Liaise with the material planner to ensure sufficient raw materials / packaging are in place to fulfil the production plan.
- Report and monitor production KPI’s vs standard: plan attainment, labour, waste, OEE.
- Work with the Warehouse Team to review finished goods stock holding so that stock inaccuracies can be highlighted and improved ways of working can be achieved in order to effectively manage finished goods and continually improve processes.
- Clear communication and escalation of issues in a timely manner to ensure that these are brought to resolution so that Service Level is not affected or unavoidable shortages are proactively communicated to affected customers.
- Experience of production planning intakes within an FMCG environment, ideally food.
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Can communicate effectively whether in person, by phone, e-mail or other media.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or SAP (or similar ERP systems).
- A proactive approach to tasks. Tackles problems in a timely manner and escalates where necessary to ensure these are overcome.
- Ability to quickly learn and willing to bridge knowledge gaps where needed.