Senior National Account Manager NAM
National Account Controller, FMCG
This role is based in their Headquarters in Kegworth, Derbyshire. You can be based anywhere in the UK providing you can spend 2 to 3 days per week in Kegworth.
The National Account Controller reports to the Commercial Director, and heads up designated retailer customer accounts including responsibility for turnover, volume and profitability and ensuring optimum performance. You will provide full on customer focus forging stronger business partner relationships between the Company and your retail customers. The available role is to manage our accounts for Sainsbury, M&S and Waitrose.
You will need to be strategic and tactical in your approach delivering, but not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for delivering board approved budgeted annual volume and revenue for your retail customers;
- Implement key strategies for maintenance and growth of your customers;
- Responsible for the control and allocation of advertising and promotional budgets for branded sales;
- Responsible for short and long term strategic planning to achieve profitable growth in all soft drink categories for customers;
- Driving and coordinating the internal resource to deliver NPD and own label initiatives from concept to launch;
- Managing all Account projects involving customer initiatives;
- Liaise cross functionally and with the senior team and your customers;
- Work proactively with the brands team to build and implement the annual plan effectively;
- Provide broad level communication links between the Company and the varied contact network across the customer's head office;
- Ensure customer demand is in line with the agreed forecast by drawing upon the relationship with the customer and the supply chain teams internally and externally to ensure that forecast accuracy is maintained at the agreed KPI levels;
- Instigate and lead project teams internally and across the wider group to improve business performance, collaboration and results.
Of course you are organised, innovative and analytical with a highly pro-active attitude helping you to identify opportunities for growth and improvement with your key account customers. It goes without saying that you're an excellent people person with strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills. As a driven, conscientious and tenacious individual, you'll have a real passion for making things happen and delivering quality on time.
You will need the following experience:
- You are an accomplished National Account Controller or Senior Manager with a proven track record of profitable and sustainable sales delivery and marketing exposure
- Sales experience in an FMCG blue chip food and drinks industry sector organisation which includes a demonstrable record of success with some of the top five grocery retailers, ideally with 'named' customers;
- Successful delivery of retailer own label NPD experience is essential;
- Strong commercial awareness and first class negotiating ability is essential;
- Positive can do approach, adept at conflict management whilst also being on the front foot to seek out and exploit business opportunities;
- Experience of working with and using Category Management to identify opportunities to support the sales process;
- Experience of a large-scale Food and Drink business and the associated processes e.g. forecast-driven just in time and vendor manage inventory - led production.
- Experience of selling Brands and Private Label to named retail customers.
Salary & Benefits circa £65,000 per annum dependent on experience and achievements, plus car allowance, plus annual bonus and generous company pension scheme.
To Apply: Please press the "apply button"
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may also be of interest to: NAM, National Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Controller, Category Manager, Senior NAM, NAE, Sales and Marketing Manager, FMCG, Commercial Manager, Senior National Account Manager, Business Development, Executive, Food, Drinks, Packaging, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Production, Manufacturing, Leicester, Kegworth, Derby