Job objectives and responsibilities
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining the client specification as set in contractual requirements across sites
- Daily liaison with clients and Line Managers
- Daily monitoring of high profile areas to ensure readiness at start of business
- Complete check sheets and issue to staff as appropriate ensuring tasks are completed
- Good communication with Supervisors and staff to promote a one team attitude
- Completion of own daily schedule as set
- Report any maintenance issues to helpdesk
- Deal with any complaints in a professional and timely manner
- Set, issue or perform PPCS tasks to complete monthly requirement
- Compliance with client and Mitie Health and Safety
- Report accidents and near miss as per company and procedures
- Maintain and keep up to date Mitie Site pack documentation
- Staff training and record keeping
- Submitting accurate wage details to Manager
Manage operations – maintain quality of service to customers
- Weekly auditing of the site
- Staff training and record keeping
- Managing and developing relationships other service lines and own team
- Implementing change as and when requested by the client
- Leading continuous improvement throughout the contract and site
- Create and develop effective strategic relationships with key customers.
- Discussion with customers regarding current and future needs. Inform the customer of other MITIE Group services.
- Correct invoice values.
- Accounts department aware of job gains.
- understanding of potential failings, and learning’s
- Maintain and expand customer expectations to meet business objectives
- Carry out site walks with customers. building relationships.
- Identify and negotiate continuous improvements with customers, staff and suppliers.
Manage finance – control resources to achieve quality of service whilst keeping within the budget
- Allocate budgets for expenditure against contract value and service agreement. Allocate annual budget and agree targets with Senior Account Manager/ Regional Account Manager.
- Monitor P&L account addressing poorly performing areas of concern..
- Assist sales with costing, completion of cost estimate sheets and contract start up checklists for new services on site, and complete bench marking for metric database.
- Ensure any cost changes improve financial position.
- Liaise with accounts department ensuring correct information is being reported.
- Assist in cash collection to reduce age of debt.
- Re-engineer and Contract Review to suit Client needs.
- Submit annual review proposals.
Manage people – recruit, lead and develop the team
- Strategically select immediate subordinates using standard company procedures ensuring clear line of succession planning is in place.
- Ensure appropriate inductions are carried out and development plans are in place.
- Apply the company’s safety management system in line with MC(D)05.
- Advise site personnel about employment law, health and safety legislation/ regulations.
- Appraise performance of immediate subordinates against agreed objectives.
- Implement training identified through appraisal.
- Enforce and monitor disciplinary and grievance practices in own branch in accordance with staff handbook and starter form.
Liaise with Trade Unions.
- Have at least 5 year’s experience of working within a Food Manufacturing environment
- Previously managed fast paced food hygiene contracts
- Management experience preferred although training will be given
- Cleaning experience preferred although training will be given
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work to set schedules and on own initiative
- Flexibility essential in workload and possibly hours if needed
- Work both pro-actively and re-actively
- Undertake variety of tasks that are within this role, both internal and external
- knowledge & understanding of health and safety policies
- Implementation of H&S policies and procedures
- Needs to represent Mitie values on site by being presentable, approachable and helpful at all times
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Analytical, demonstrating attention to detail in all elements of work
- IT literate
- Confident in writing and delivering presentations
- Focussed and able to demonstrate commitment to delivering within timescales
- Tenacious and determined to achieve team targets
- Flexible to change allowing business improvement
- Able to motivate and develop others within the business
- Able to identify talent for the future
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;