SENIOR NPD MANAGER – HOME BASED
Senior NPD Manager – Home Based
Location: Yorkshire (must be local to this area)
Package: Competitive salary + Car Allowance
This exciting opportunity is now available working for an importer and exporter of chilled foods. They supply into the UK market, working closely with manufacturers, retailers and food service customers. The business has seen growth over recent years, and now operate across 20 countries.
This role will be based from home around 2 days per week, with the rest of the time in the office as well as UK/EU travel.
To be successful in this role you will have had experience managing NPD projects from concept to launch, working with poultry products. Retailer experience is essential as you will be working directly with a major customer
- Manage NPD projects assigned to you from concept to the successful product launch
- Support the account and technical managers in preparation for customer presentations by making samples and complete sample submission forms where applicable
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with both suppliers and customers to stay ahead of any product development opportunities that exist or required
- Facilitate the completion of the line trials and final product approvals and where applicable, attend the sites to ensure that the projects are completed in time, to kitchen specifications and to the customer’s expectations
- Following customer taste panels and analysis of samples supplied.
- Manage the Critical Path to ensure that each stage of the brief is followed to an agreed timeline to meet the customer and/or account managers deadline
- Manage the closure of projects as they occur and ensure that where projects fail, the reasons are communicated to the suppliers and internal team
- Experience in a Senior NPD role working with poultry products
- Managing the full NPD process from concept to launch
- Working closely with the UK retailers
- Flexible to UK/EU travel
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Willing to work in a fast paced, demanding role
- Must be commutable to the Leeds area
In return you will get a contributory pension, private health, death in service as well as a competitive salary and car allowance.
The company offer a great working environment with a ‘word hard, play hard’ attitude. This role would suit someone who is flexible towards their work including hours and travel, however you will get the flexibility back from the employer.