Location: Stoke On Trent
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
About the company:
Our client are a large well known FMCG Food Manufacturing business looking to strengthen the Transport division with a Transport Manager.
As Transport Manager, you'll be managing the central vehicle team operations, compliance and administration along with the daily responsibility for a dedicated team of 45 drivers.
Key responsibilities are:
- Vehicle compliance, maintenance and safety
- Maintenance Scheduling with third party workshops
- Ensure all activities are customer focussed
- Driver routing and scheduling whilst managing driver hour compliance
- Full P&L responsibility and close monitoring and management of budgets
- Booking and checking skip permits with the council
- Ensuring all aspects of the vehicle operation confirm to all relevant legislations and maintain all documentation and systems required to fulfil 'O' license requirements.
- Daily staff PPE requirements
- Yard stock ordering
- Delivery and collection management
- Maintaining process of procedures for driver management including all insurance and disciplinary requirements.
- Dealing with Insurance claims
Requirements of the Transport Manager:
- Strong experience in Transport
- Transport Manager CPC Qualification
- Experience with scheduling drivers and vehicle maintenance
- Strong communication and people management skills
- Ability to implement and enhance processes
- Good IT skills