Multi-Site HSE Manager
Role- Multi- Site HSE Manager
Location- Based at Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
BOORTMALT (the malting business of the agro-industrial French cooperative group AXEREAL) is the 5th largest malting company globally with more than 1.1 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world each year.
Our 350 employees spread over 7 countries in Europe are focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types in order to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world. By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we can supply world markets both effectively and efficiently. We are now looking to recruit a Multi-Site Health & Safety Manager for three of our UK sites, two in Suffolk and our North Yorkshire operation.
- You will be a proven Health & Safety Professional who has experience in a FMCG manufacturing/ processing environment.
- You will have a real passion for Health & Safety. You will be able to demonstrate your experience of inspiring, leading, directing and motivating site teams. Experience of Lean/CI/Operational Excellence environment would be preferred.
- You will be Degree level educated or equivalent and will have formal Health & Safety qualifications; ideally a NEBOSH Diploma & a formal Professional Safety Qualification.
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills and worked with senior teams.
- As a Health & Safety Manager you will have a full understanding of corporate risk and business continuity management systems.
- You will be able to travel as this is a Multi-site role
Boormalt’s mission is to provide a safe working environment for our employees, contractors, customers and visitors. The HSE Manager is instrumental in achieving that goal. You work to deliver the highest standards by driving an open and proactive Health, Safety & Environment culture that fully involves employees and other stakeholders.
As Health & Safety Manager, your remit will be our 2 Suffolk and North Yorkshire sites, you will report to the Group Health & Safety Manager. Regular site visits are a key feature of this role to promote, a consistent culture, and positive behaviours across all sites.
You will play a key role in driving continuous Improvement in our Safety and Environmental performance and ensuring it is aligned to the operational excellence framework (BOPEX).
Working with site management teams to ensure compliance and that rigorous fundamental systems are in place. For example, as Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work and training for competent operators.
This role is challenging and rewarding and is a fantastic opportunity with for someone with the drive and tenacity to make a positive difference.
All direct and third-party applications will be passed to Silven.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, click apply below and quote ref HSE3975 or call me on 01485 520000 for a confidential discussion.