Are you our missing ingredient?
At Dairygold Food Ingredients we’re on a winning streak. Driven by our passion for product quality and innovation, the UK team has scooped major international and British cheese awards in the past year. As the number one ingredient solutions supplier to the UK’s major food manufacturers, retailers and food service customers we’ve achieved rapid, double digit growth over the last five years and we have ambitious plans for this to continue.
DFI Crewe is a manufacturing facility formatting 18,000t grated and sliced cheese annually. With significant investment into both of our production areas, robust engineering support is vital to minimise downtime, enhance machine performance and improve efficiencies. We pride ourselves on our BRC AA Grade and ISO 14001 standards which we retain through maintenance of our site policies and strict adherence to Health & Safety requirements.
To drive engineering support and develop the highest of standards, we have an opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will manage the Crewe engineering team to ensure that building, plant and equipment is serviced, maintained and operationally safe. You will be a key member of the site management team, with full accountability for site facilities and H&S standards including control of contractors and permits to work.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a PPM schedule to ensure all plant and equipment is fit for purpose
- Develop and drive a programme of TPM that supports efficiency gains and up-skills colleagues
- Monitor and manage daily priorities of team of Shift Engineers ensuring breakdown issues are resolved quickly and cost effectively
- Record all weekly downtime, monitoring machine issues and closing out corrective actions
- Control of contractors, permits to work, insurance and H&S requirements
- Maintain, update and communicate relevant Engineering policies and procedures
- Forecast annual budget for engineering and manage activity and stock levels within budget
- Support capital investment projects and project manage defined projects as required
- Continually assess and identify improvement initiatives to support engineering development
Who are we looking for?
You will have significant post apprenticeship experience, ideally gained in food manufacturing and supported by BTEC or C&G qualification in an appropriate discipline (Electrical Systems, Electrical Control, Faultfinding and Mechanical Engineering). You’ll also have experience of developing a programme of TPM and will be able to demonstrate an understanding of lean manufacturing and CI.
With a strong focus on developing excellence you will lead your team and proactively develop colleagues to optimise machine performance. You will demonstrate enthusiasm and forward planning skills with a drive to resolve problems quickly and efficiently. With a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, you’ll be comfortable recording and analysing data to drive improvements on site.
The position offers an attractive basic salary, performance bonus and contributory pension scheme. If you are a proactive, organised and enthusiastic team player who is interested in developing your skills in a growing team then look no further. To find out more visit www.dairygoldfoodingredients.com and to apply click apply below.