Senior Account Manager (packaging & plastic waste)
An exciting new opportunity have arisen for a Senior Business Account Manager to join and established and growing organisation who work closely with the UK’s leading retailers and food/drink producers on an array of initiatives and projects to help them achieve their commitment and targets concerning packaging & plastic waste.
Working closely within a successful existing account management team with a wealth of in-house expertise in support, the newly appointed Senior Business Account Manager will build and develop relationships within a portfolio of leading food and drink retailers and branded manufacturers. As the key point of contact within these businesses, you will work collaboratively to enable and secure commitment, actions and behavioural changes to ensure environmental objectives are achieved, with particular focus on Plastics Pact.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish positive, deep working relationships with decision-makers at senior and operational levels across a portfolio of the UK’s most influential businesses to secure commitment and changes to ensure environmental objectives and targets are achieved.
- Work with business accounts to ensure they identify and deliver actions and changes that contribute high impact towards voluntary agreement targets.
- Ensure business accounts report reliably on their progress towards voluntary agreement targets, and help them act on this information to focus future effort.
- Persuade business accounts to invest in engaging and influencing their suppliers and customers to make changes that contribute to voluntary agreement targets.
- Keep up-to-date with the business priorities and market factors affecting your business accounts.
- Provide excellent, professional customer service to business accounts, utilising business processes and systems to ensure engagement and learning is clearly recorded.
- Help colleagues who wish to engage your business accounts, e.g. to achieve technical and communications objectives.
- Contribute to training and development of team members, especially trainee account managers.
- Provide progress reports and impact monitoring as required.
In order to be successful in this role, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate evidence of engaging leading retailers, brands, product suppliers and/or packaging convertors along the packaging chain to deliver successful impact. Knowledge of plastic packaging and the packaging chain are also essential, as is the ability to demonstrate a variety of influencing and negotiation styles to engage businesses at all levels to secure commitment and action. You will need to be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or have relevant experiences which support delivery.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Apply for Senior Account Manager (packaging & plastic waste)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly