As a Production Manager, you will succeed through your people, delivering a culture that is friendly, welcoming and supportive.
Work as part of a rotational, shift-based management team that takes operational responsibility for the performance and output of the lines.
Comfortable and capable in coaching teams to achieve results and be working towards a zero loss environment.
Working in a highly competitive, fast paced market and located at 'Site' reporting to the manufacturing Manager, the role holder will be a key member of the Site Operational Team and Production Management Team. Ownership and accountability for the following are essential:
• Ensuring the Manufacturing area is a safe, efficient and quality focused operation which satisfies all stakeholder expectations and requirements
• As part of a Production Management Team working rotating shifts, takes responsibility for day to day operational performance and ensures any issues are dealt with in the first instance and communicated to relevant Functional Managers
• Ensuring a continual drive to jointly deliver, with relevant functions; a Site plan to prevent reoccurrence of any issues
• Takes responsibility for coaching and developing their teams through effective performance management and promotes a culture in which lean manufacturing, both structurally and culturally is effective and sustainable
• Encourages a culture where leadership and working in partnership to drive operational performance are demonstrated through adopting coaching and supportive behaviours
• Responsible for developing a budget that releases cost ahead of inflation and for delivery the same
• Responsible for ensuring that best practice is shared between group sites and implemented on own site
• Leadership skills (Essential) - leads by example, demonstrating high standards of behaviour, honesty and integrity
• Accepts responsibility and takes ownership of problems, sees change as an opportunity
• Delegates, empowers and motivates people to achieve goals
• Specific experience of managing continuous improvement processes (desirable)